WASHINGTON — A California woman is being hailed a hero after she saved her family from a burning fireplace by using a fire extinguisher.
The fire broke out in the living room of a home in northwest Los Angeles on Wednesday night.
An 18-month-old baby was in the home at the time.
Firefighters arrived at the scene to find a young woman inside the house.
The fire broke through a wall and was so hot, the woman had to use a fire hose to keep it from burning her family.
She told NBC affiliate KABC that she “lives in fear for my family and myself.”
She said she is not afraid of being burnt alive because “the fire has destroyed the family.”